Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Kaminsky attack?

How to become a orang kaya within a day.....? like this poor uncle...


He is not too happy, is he?

His bank account was hacked and minutes later, all money gone.. left MYR1000. pity him la, sole breadwinner, son studying in local uni.. and on top of all that, the thief even got guts to use RM500 to top up his prepaid card. Frantically asking the bank to stop all transaction, the banker even saw the money disappearing right under her nose.

This news triggers my interest on internet security. how safe are we?

let me introduce you to this guy.... Dan Kaminsky...



with simple codings, he managed manipulate the internet. Started of by hacking into starbucks pay-per-use internet access, he then discovered the same method he use for being a kiasu, he discovered a loop within the internet.

He could have taken control of all the bank accounts online, routings email to whereever he liked. but nooooo...... he went to the correct source and worked with the DNS team to fix it.

I know I might not be as noble as him, but to think about taking control of the millions of accounts online just excites me... I should have studied harder for my IT degree..

so, is this old uncle being hacked? no la... i think his son got hold of his ATM card. hahaha.....

----------------
Now playing: Frank Sinatra - Jingle Bells
via FoxyTunes

No comments: