Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Internet on a map!

If I have a map of the internet, what will it look like?

do they have continents?

do they have different landscape?

what about the north/south poles?

All these question was never really on my mind, and actually, we can't even imagine if there's anyone on earth who can map the internet.. (well, that's what they said about Chris Columbus few decades back...)



Here, I present to you, the MAP...







English: Partial map of the Internet based on the January 15, 2005 data found on opte.org. Each line is drawn between two nodes, representing two IP addresses. The length of the lines are indicative of the delay between those two nodes. This graph represents less than 30% of the Class C networks reachable by the data collection program in early 2005. Lines are color-coded according to their corresponding RFC 1918 allocation as follows:
  • Dark blue: net, ca, us
  • Green: com, org
  • Red: mil, gov, edu
  • Yellow: jp, cn, tw, au, de
  • Magenta: uk, it, pl, fr
  • Gold: br, kr, nl
  • White: unknown


We are merely an address on the map... and it's not static some more...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A variety of different internet maps can be found here: http://www.internetgeography.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I think polite post. Expressly the title-deed attracted me to study the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.